Erectile Dysfunction: Causes and Methods of Treatment
Erectile dysfunction isn’t an incurable illness. If you suspect you have got it, don’t despair. First of all, you have to find out the reasons and then start to look for the most effective ways to solve the problems. According to the statistics, most men suffer from ED because of stresses, problems at work and misunderstanding at home, midlife crisis and so on. To cut it short, the main reason is psycological problems.
Psychological Causes of ED
The first step in dealing with erectile dysfunction is to identify its causes, i.e., the only way to find the right treatment is to learn the psychological causes of impotence. Risk factors that can lead to psychological impotence are stress, anxiety, guilt, depression, low self-esteem, pain, fatigue, or suppressed feelings. Problems and situations that often arise in the relationship, may also affect the male power, but the most common cause is pain caused by the loss of a dear person like lover, for instance. Depression and antidepressants are not friends to good sex and can cause sexual failure; anxiety as a result of stress and fear is often the psychological cause of impotence. However, experts say that anxiety can also be treated successfully.
Psychosexual therapy is recommended for the treatment of impotence of psychological origin and as a support to any of the treatments. The therapist changes the direct causes for the lack of human sexual response with the help of various verbal and nonverbal techniques.
How to Prevent Erectile Dysfunction?
Experts say that a healthy lifestyle can prevent the risk of erectile dysfunction. Take into account the following issues:
- Excessive use of alcohol and tobacco harm the reproductive system and sexual function.
- Diet and hygiene standards are essential for the normal functioning of the reproductive tract. Avoid fats in your diet.
- Consult your doctor if you notice signs of a disease associated with blood circulation.
- Check the symptoms of endocrine disorders: hypogonadism, diabetes mellitus, hyperprolactinemia.
- Premature ejaculation is treatable.
- Men over 35 years old face the first erectile disorders. Early diagnosis of penis diseases can prevent impotence.
- Checking for prostate disease allows to diagnose irreversible pathologies and causes of sexual impotence.
Communicate with your partner. Dysfunction is treatable. Attend a medical professional with your partner. Avoid anxiety and stress, since it may contribute to the development of erectile dysfunction. Many experts believe that one of the best and happiest preventive measures of erectile dysfunction is frequent lovemaking with your partner.